Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas is coming

I know a lot of people won't believe in this post, so before I start, I warn grandma, you won't like it.

Now, here we go. This time of year is the time to be thankful for everything you have and know that the things you don't have isn't a worry.

Thanksgiving is about giving love and food and things people need so badly like clothing. The material of things isn't what the holidays are about, and yes religion is part of it, but not enough to ACTUALLY NOT celebrate it. Now every person has their own belief on Christmas and so fourth. But is religion a STRONG enough thing to keep the family from coming together closer than they are all year?

I personally don't think so. Religion is the belief in WHAT god exists, that's it. I'm a Christian, nothing will change this. But I don't let MY faith or MY belief get ahead of me. I allow others to believe how they want.

I think ALL religions agree when I say, Whatever god is real, we know there IS a god, we know he keeps us safe and brings us the good things that come to us in our lives. God is a strong spirit who was capable of bringing my mom, sisters and I together with my grandparents, aunt and amazing dad.

I'm thankful for a lot this year. I have an amazing new dad who cares for us and is amazing beyond belief. I have my mom who is an angel in every sense of the word. Her smile is heart warming her hugs are comforting and the way she looks at life is wonderful.

My wonderfully amazing sisters are so sweet and make me laugh when I feel like crying. They are true mini mommy's (What I mean by that is they are amazing people like my mom.) I'm thankful for my grandparents, I have never truly had grandparents before, It's a whole new experience having a full happy family.

Christmas in our family is a bit awkward now, my grandparents and aunt don't celebrate it, but my mom, sisters, dad and I do. I hope for our sake this year grandma and grandpa will at least acknowledge the fact that my mom sisters and I celebrate it and enjoy the day. It's not REALLY about the gifts, It's the thought and the bringing together part that I enjoy.

We do go somewhat big, but not REALLY big on Christmas, just some gifts to show the love that flows, the food to celebrate our family's coming together and big smiles all day. I love seeing my sisters faces on the very special day.

Dad,

I wish you were here with us through the holidays, and in a way you will be, you'll be in each one of our thoughts through out the days. As always. I love and miss you very much. Stay safe and make it home as soon as you can. I can't wait for the amazing fairytale wedding up ahead in the near future. I also can't wait to spend the holidays with ALL of my family. I love you.

Faith

3 comments:

  1. My sweet beautiful Rose,

    Christmas is about spirit. It is what ever spirit one fills it with. Rather a person celebrates the holidays or not, it's the spirit in the moment that matters.

    Having a new family means that we respect others beliefs, those beliefs may not be our own but that is okay. We have our beliefs and those won't change based on others beliefs. That 's okay, being different is what keeps this world from being boring. Think about it, if we all looked or acted the same wouldn't it be boring?

    Your dad and I do celebrate the holidays. We have so much to be thankful for. We have three wonderful girls that fill our lives full of happiness, joy and laughter. Our lives wouldn't be what they are without you three.

    Keep in mind honey, that I made you a promise and I don't break promises. Our traditions will stay the same.

    I love you baby,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not expect them to change their beliefs, because it WOULD be boring if we were all alike, you wouldn't meet new people, it would be like you meeting yourself over and over. I know we will still celebrate the holidays we believe in and i except the fact that grandma and grandpa don't believe in the holidays.

    I was just simply saying, Christmas doesn't have to only be SOME religions, it can be all, all Christmas is is the coming together of family for at least one day and really ENJOY the time you spend together.

    I love you too my amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith you are so right,Thanksgiving will not be so thankful. Mom will not be here. It stinks because we are all ways together. But its okay because its for a reazen. Mom not being here doesn't mean we cant stel be thankful for eachother. I love you and your blogs. I know if you WORK hard on your BOOK you'll get it DONE! And yes I know I caped the words.
    Love you. Lea.

    ReplyDelete