Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas time is near

The season is here to be happy and jolly, Though it is not Christmas without family, and I have my mom, sister, grandparents and aunt but I'm missing someone very important in my life and family.

A song for the soldiers and their families. Its called "I won't be home for Christmas"


I bet right now the snow is flying, I bet right now the sky is dark. Where I am the wind is blowing and it keeps us worlds apart. Well I miss Christmas on the mountains, especially out here on the sand. Will you put the star on for me? This year I know you'll understand but I wont be home for Christmas cause you can count on me.
From bellow wood to the desert sands, where ever people aren't free. I won't be home for Christmas cause you can count on me. Have you put the lights out on the house? And did you set that angel scene?
And when you send out all those Christmas cards, would you sign my name for me? And don't forget to tell the story to the kids on Christmas Eve. And do your best to keep them happy, don't make no sadness over me. But I wont be home for Christmas, cause you can count on me. From bellow woods to the desert sands, where ever people aren't free. I won't be home for Christmas cause you can count on me, I won't be home for Christmas, cause you can count on me.


This song just goes to show that, so many families this Christmas are going without their deployed family members. The kids bright smiles won't be as bright this year, The men and women at home waiting for their soul mates returns will make them worried this holiday season. So many Husbands and Wives will be fighting a war while their partner is home celebrating the holidays without them.

I have taken up trying to write poems now as well. I will post my first poem, then my second.

All I See Is my first poem.

 Everything about you, reminds me of the bright colors of spring.
 The way you hold your big army gun, reminds me of the warm summer sun.
  Your sweet smile and your brown hair, reminds me that, you'll always be there.
   Today we stand, in a crowded room and the only person I see is you standing in front of me.
    As you kiss me soft, and very sweet all I see in the future is you and me, you and me, we're all I see.
                                                                  All I See.


I thought of that one a couple of days ago, I enjoyed writing it and also enjoyed the reaction I got from my friends.

This next one I'm writing right now, and will complete it here.
It's called An Army Christmas.


As we gather around the Christmas tree all I can think about is you being over seas.
Bright smiles and warm hugs can not replace your wonderful laugh.
I know this year, you are fighting for, our very right to celebrate this night.

As I watch the children unwrap the gifts, you sent to them through the mail I close my eyes and want to die.
You can't be here to see their excitement.
We sit at the table, with your place set up, waiting for you to sit down.
You can't.
Life without you on this cold night, and thinking about the wars is such a fright.

Tonight when we turn out the light, our last moments thought will be you shining so bright.
An army Christmas is such a delight, because this time we have, a hero in flight.

Soon you will be, so close to me, I will be able to feel you breathe.
                                 An Army Christmas.


Believe it or not, I wrote both poems lol.

Our men and women are over seas, seeing death and we get to be home and see bright smiles and warming gifts.

This Christmas holiday, let's all take a moment to think about our troops, and maybe send THEM a gift or two of thanks.
http://operationwesendlove.blogspot.com/

Let's send our troops a small gift of thanks, their holidays deserve to be bright.


Dad,

I'm missing you very much, not a day goes by that I don't think of you. I love you very much, you are a true hero inside and out, All I want this Christmas, is my cowboy dad. Stay safe baldy.

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment