Thursday, January 12, 2012

Careers as teens

As we all know the times are changing and the laws go with it.
More and more teens are being hired at places such as Pizza Hut and McDonald's.
This is great for us teens, it teaches us responsibility and about money and savings.

As is stands, being a young writer I feel, amazed to be "Working" this young. Although, if I were working at such places as I had listed, it would yes make me feel responsible, but not as much as I do now.


Even more what amazes me, is how teens are getting jobs like me, being famous for what they do.
Acting,writing and singing. So many teenagers are doing those things, because yes they are good at it.
Why do THEY do it? Most of the time? Its for money and fame. So many people, in acting and singing start out way young, im talking from as young as five, sometimes younger.

Once they hit their mid teen years they start letting it go to their heads. They start buying drugs with their money. They start singing and acting ONLY because they know THEY can cause drama in the media and EVERYONE will watch it.

Also there are more teen PARENTS now days. It's everywhere, your cousin, your daughter, your sisters and neighbors are getting pregnant at earlier ages. TWELVE being the youngest I've heard SO far. Yeah, TWELVE! Your children are learning this, from you, your friends, their friends, their teachers, television, and music. It's pretty ridiculous.

I LOVE kids, always have and always will, I would NEVER even have it be a possibility to have kids, as a teen! It's hard, and then you can't go to college and get great jobs. If you do get lucky enough to make it to college, often times you drop out within the first semester because, you can't raise a child AND go to school, AND work (Let's face it, college, new baby you have to work) All at the same time!

Careers for teens....Yeah, there's a problem.... You see teens should work, they COULD possibly get into great jobs rather young, only.....The problem again with drugs, and even underage sex (Which leads to teenaged parents often times) The jobs go to their heads. Why? Their parents are the problem 99% of the time. Children now days are, being fed, bathed, given a bed to sleep on, school and thats about it.

SO many kids aren't even getting that! You hear more and more every day of a new kid killed by their supposed mom or dad. It's sick to hear, yet we have to hear it everyday. Parents who DO let their kids live, often times just DON'T CARE how they are raised. Therefore, underage drinking, sex and drugs are the result.

Well, I've rambled enough, here's a few poems for my dad......

Fighting A war.

The day's all pass in suspicion and fear when you aren't near.
I miss hearing your soft whispered tone by my ear.

I can still feel your touch even when we're half a world apart.
I know you have to fight, I know you see the ugly sights, Still you have my heart.

The Nights I lie awake and think about the war going on.
It's like a head banging rock song.
The singer knows the words, the audience is left to wonder what it is that is being sang so loud.
I know you know the words we speak, I know the things, you shouldn't have to see, Still I am So Very Proud.

I know the day, you arrive in peace, You will stand beside me and rest finally.
The day we get to hold each other tight I know we will finally get some sleep.
What you sing so loud and clear, is like a slow country song, the words mean everything, the singer means more.

Tomorrow is another day, you have to play.
With your big army guns and your missiles  and more, The water you get comes from the shore.
You never would have thought A little boy playing in mud and muck would end up fighting a war.
You never would have thought that, playing with that water gun, would end up fighting in the sandbox.

Its not a pretty sight, the things that you fight for, I know that one day, you will be home.
Safe.
Forever.

Until That Day, I want you to know, everything about you, makes my heart glow.
Everything you do, for me and this country, I appreciate the sacrifices you make.
Each and every day.

Fighting a war, you shouldn't have to fight.
~Faith Rose~



Love is sweet, Love is real.
I know the sweet way that I feel.
I have had many loves until a special one came along.
I never knew true love, it never lasted for long.

I know the way I'm supposed to feel.
I know what I am supposed to hear.
Now I'm done looking now I don't care.
I have the one I need right here.

I can feel your breath on my neck, I can hear you tell me It'll all be okay.
When I need a body guard I know you'll be right here.
When I need a soul mate I know you are mine.
I know this may sound crazy.
I know this may be weird.
But what I am about to say comes from the bottom my heart, the heart that you have.

You are my best friend.
You are my soul mate.
You have my heart.
You can take my soul.
I want you now.
I want you tomorrow.
I want you as long as god will let me have you.

I love you sweet.
I love you slow.
You make me complete.
You make me glow.

Love is sweet, Love is real.
 ~Faith Rose~


Dad,

I love and miss you and I can't wait for the day your home, I can't wait to see your face when you read my books, I can't wait for the day you finally get to adopt us! I love you my hero dad


Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment